Launch Committees are a resource for new tenure track assistant professors, offering support and guidance as they begin their careers at Michigan. Committees meet monthly over the first academic year.
Learn more about the Launch Program here.
Committees are composed of five members:
- The new faculty member (“launchee”)
- Department chair
- Senior faculty member with related interests from within the department
- Senior faculty member with related interests from outside the department
- Senior faculty member who moderates the meeting
Thus committees offer multiple perspectives regarding success at the university, and the launchee begins their career with a supportive faculty network already in place.
- We collaborate with the School of Music, Theatre and Dance on their launch committees.
- Launch in the Health Sciences (a consortium consisting of Michigan Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, and Kinesiology) independently manages their own program and infrastructure, sharing the same goal as ADVANCE’s Launch program—helping new junior faculty begin successful careers at U-M.