Six identical workshops are scheduled for this fall term; these six workshops are open to all faculty serving on search committees. A seventh workshop (scheduled for Friday, November 4) is only open to faculty who have previously attended a STRIDE Faculty Recruitment Workshop. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Tuesday, September 27, 12:00-2:00 pm, Michigan League (Koessler Room)
- Thursday, October 6, 8:30-10:30 am, Michigan Union (Anderson ABC)
- Thursday, October 13, 12:00 - 2:00 pm, Palmer Commons (Great Lakes Central)
- Wednesday, October 19, 5:30 - 7:30 pm, Pierpont Commons (Boulevard Room)
- Wednesday, October 26, 8:30 - 10:30 am, Lurie Engineering Center (Johnson Rooms)
- Friday, November 4, 12:00 - 2:00 pm, Michigan League (Kalamazoo Room; only faculty who have previously attended a Faculty Recruitment Workshop can attend this one)
- Monday, November 7, 3:00 - 5:00 pm, Michigan League (Koessler Room)
Faculty members planning to attend a session must register to reserve a space.
The ADVANCE Program began in January 2002 as a five-year, NSF-funded project promoting institutional transformation with respect to women faculty in science and engineering fields. The program has since expanded to promote other kinds of diversity among faculty in all fields. The ADVANCE Program aims to improve the University of Michigan's campus environment in four general areas:
- Recruitment - focuses on development and use of equitable recruiting practices
- Retention - focuses on preemptive strategies to prevent the loss of valued faculty
- Climate - focuses on improvement of departmental climate
- Leadership - focuses on support for development of leadership skills and opportunities as well as on support for development of skills among all academic leaders to encourage supportive climates