Provost’s Early Tenure-Track Faculty Research Support Initiative
The ADVANCE Program is partnering with the Office of the Provost on the Provost’s Early Tenure-Track Faculty Research Support Initiative to help early career tenure-track faculty who continue to confront the effects of the pandemic, focusing on challenges to their research, scholarship, and creative practice.
Faculty members continue to report ongoing disruptions to research and research dissemination that pose challenges for those core activities, particularly for assistant professors and early career associate professors on the tenure track. Drawing on data provided by ADVANCE and in response to concerns expressed by deans, chairs, and faculty, the provost’s office launched this new, time-limited initiative.
Rather than centering research recovery at scale, this initiative focuses on support for faculty that addresses specific/just-in-time needs that may not be met by unit-level funding or external grants. Its emphasis is on resourcing time that can be dedicated to research, scholarship, and creative practice, which may focus on exploring new modes of inquiry or practice or bringing halted work to completion.
ADVANCE will be managing the application process. The initiative opens for applications March 15, 2022, and interested parties can apply here. Rolling applications will be accepted until April 30, 2023.
A maximum of $3,000 total for eligible assistant professors and tenure-track associate professors who are not yet tenured, and $1,500 total for eligible tenured associate professors will be available by application. For more details on eligibility and FAQs, click here.
Questions? Email ADV-Funding@umich.edu.
2018-19 Crosby Recipients
- Ana Baylin (School of Public Health)
- Jennifer Blesh (School for Environment and Sustainability)
- Gyorgyi Csankovszki (College of Literature, Science, and the Arts)
- Shanna Daly (College of Engineering)
- Hui Deng (College of Literature, Science, and the Arts)
- Aubree Gordon (School of Public Health)
- Anna Mathew (Medical School)
- Sierra Petersen (College of Literature, Science, and the Arts)
- Emily Provost (College of Engineering)
- Elizabeth Roberts (College of Literature, Science, and the Arts)
- Patricia Wittkopp (College of Literature, Science, and the Arts)